I’m finally back in the comfort of my own home apartment with the hubs Smile. I’ve spent the entire week in Montgomery, Alabama (and surrounding areas) on business, but am back OUT of the humidity (and bad weather)! I am dead tired however.

I never got a chance to blog during the week because of my crazy schedule. I woke up at 6am every day, showered, attempted to blow dry my hair (humidity owns), grab a free breakfast at the hotel (blegh, but it was cheap for my company!), drive to work (30 minutes). I worked from about 8am to 6pm, and then every single day someone was like, “Hey, let’s go grab dinner!”, and of course I couldn’t say no Winking smile. I didn’t get home until about 9 or 9:30 and then forced myself to get to the hotel gym for at least 30 minutes after that. Once 11pm came around, I crashed, and then repeated the same thing. I definitely made it a priority to keep somewhat of a workout regime this week, but that was h-a-r-d!

I was able to keep my dinner outings pretty darn healthy too. I filled up with house salads, and was able to get great protein by all the fresh fish they have (+ more veggie sides). Rainbow Trout, Sea Bass, Salmon Open-mouthed smile. No dessert OR alcohol was consumed the entire trip for two reasons: I didn’t want to run up my expense bill for my work (for “extras” I really didn’t need), and I’m such a lightweight I didn’t want to risk being slightly tipsy when driving my un-insured rental car back to my hotel Winking smile. Yup, one beer does the trick for me so I just skipped it all together.

Food wasn’t horrible, but by no means were there a ton of healthy options. Hotel breakfasts looked like this every morning: oatmeal, raisins, cinnamon, eggs, potatoes, coffee, milk.


Then throughout the day I munched on apples/bananas/oranges/larabars/peanut butter packets that I bought at a grocery store when I arrived Monday night (and little boxes of cereal and raisins I took from the continental breakfast). There are literally no restaurants within 20 minutes of my work, so every day for lunch I trekked about 25 minutes to grab Subway. Healthiest option I could find (KFC, Burger King, Arby’s, Hardees (I didn’t think this place existed anymore), Church’s Chicken, and little hole in the wall fried food places). I ate my weight in Grilled chicken sandwiches Winking smile.

Today was an Off-Friday for my work though, so I had some extra time to get things in order before catching my flight because I didn’t have to go in. I woke up bright and early for a workout (after munching on a few box raisins leftover from breakfast yesterday)

Workout: Strength and Cardio

30 minutes on an elliptical (5 min cool down)

3 sets each of bench dips, reverse lunges, bicep curls, and squats with a dumbbell.

Totals: ~350 cals for the elliptical

Breakfast was NOT at the hotel (I couldn’t do it another day… it really wasn’t great at all) – Panera’s Breakfast Power Sandwich on a Whole Grain Bagel and a large skim latte. I was so in need of real coffee (the hotel’s was not quite powerful enough Winking smile) in order to get me through a 2 hour drive to the airport.


Snack of an apple while walking aimlessly around the airport terminal.


Am I the only one who really can’t just sit in a chair, read, and be happy there? I always feel like walking myself stupid because I know I’m going to spend the next “X” number of hours sitting on a plane…

Lunch was probably the only “healthy option” I could find at the airport – Quiznos Turkey Swiss and Ranch (hold the Ranch, add in the Guac!) and some Sun chips. 


The rest of the time flying was spent reading Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks.  I’m about 75% through the book and am loving it. Nicholas Sparks is one of my favorite authors and he’s yet to disappoint me with anything.

Dinner was made after we got home – I sautéed up some sugar snap peas and shrimp, and threw them in a big ‘ol salad with tomatoes, avocado, baby carrots, cucumber, mixed greens, and egg.  Vitamin Water was on the side.  Dessert was a few Hershey’s kisses to make up for all my missing chocolate action throughout the week!


Time for bed – I’m actually attempting to make it to a spin class in the morning.  Hopefully my body thinks it’s as good of an idea as my brain does…

***The trip was worth every second and I’ve met a ton of people in our other office. It was just sad because I was down there in the worst possible time. With all the tornados that touched down yesterday, several people I’ve met have lost their homes or their family members have. A bit of yesterday was spent watching videos with coworkers of live feeds of the storms and talking about what’s going to happen next. It’s extremely hard on the heart – if you would like to help out, I urge you to contact the American Red Cross, or simply text “REDCROSS” to 90999 to donate $10 to the relief effort.