SNOW!  21 degrees here in Boulder, snowing like CRAZY, 10mph traffic.  It took me 2.5 hours to get home today from drive that should have been an easy 25 minutes.  Definitely keeping the post short today – I’m home an hour and a half later than normal and still need to cook dinner!

This morning I woke up more hungry than usual so I fueled up for spin with some mushy gushy carbs: my last slice of Chocolate Avocado Banana Bread and a thin spread of peanut butter. 

banana bread with pb

This must have been the perfect combo of carbs and protein because I annihilated my spin class this morning!

Workout: Endurance Ride

Warm up

Stage 1: 24 minute endurance set

            5 minutes: go as far as you can with maximum mph

            3 minutes: hill

            Repeat 3x, no rests in between

Recovery: 3 minutes

Stage 2: Pyramid Ride

1 minute of “Max your mph”

            2 minutes hard flat road

2 minutes of “Max your mph”

            2 minutes hard flat road

3 minutes of “Max your mph”

            2 minutes hard flat road

2 minutes of “Max your mph”

            2 minutes hard flat road

1 minute of “Max your mph”

            2 minutes hard flat road

Cool down

Totals: 596 cals, 20.0 miles, 1:06 time

I refueled today with a ginormous Green Monster, and a Fage 2% Strawberry with some WF pumpkin granola. 

green monster and yogurt

In the monster was: 1 banana, ½ cup blueberries, 1 cup milk, 1 scoop chocolate wheat grass, a few handfuls of spinach, and ice.  Totally filled me up!  I also downed a cup of coffee while checking emails Winking smile

I didn’t need a snack again today, but I did have an early lunch.  I had a PB&J, a bag of chips, and carrots for lunch. 


Bubbly water required! I used to buy these La Croix drinks by the box-load, but gave up after a while because I was honestly too lazy to carry them up to my apartment (with all the other bags of groceries).  I’ve recently been buying them again because I notice I don’t get enough fluids in during the winter – I need something besides plain old water and tea Winking smile 

My afternoon WAS going to be amazingly fantastic – I scheduled the back massage that Scott bought me nearly two months ago.  The only problem is that it started snowing about 3 hours before I had to leave.  I left 45 minutes before the appointment, and showed up 15 minutes late (the drive should have taken 25 minutes tops)On the way there, I nibbled on the most disgusting chocolate vomit bar I’ve ever come across…

hemp vomit

Trust me.. don’t ever buy this Smile.  However, the HOUR long back massage was the most amazing thing my back has felt in… practically forever!  If I sleep like a baby tonight, I might just give them up a call and schedule another one (I’m not entirely sure I’ve slept all the way through the night since my first back surgery… 9 years ago). 

I was planning on going back to work after my appointment, but considering it took me 2.5 hours to get home… I didn’t Smile.  Flex time = I love my schedule!  Gotta cook me some dinner, turn the heat up in here, and then head to bed Sad smile.  I’ve got quite a short time at home tonight.  Tomorrow is going to be MUCH better because Scott and I have a date night!

Have a snow-free night!! (hopefully!)